Head of SAP BW Strategy - SAP BW Architect - SAP BI Architect
Global life sciences organisation is seeking a high level strategic SAP BW Architect to join its global group shared service centre to pave the long term SAP BW 5 year roadmaps. The successful candidate will be a strategic thought leader with the ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders and get "buy in" from business representatives. Strong Business Stakeholder engagement is pivotal to this role.
The shared service centre HQ is in the Netherlands, but has 6 global locations (predominantly in Asia but also including US) so will require some international travel. We are happy to consider applications from candidates outside the Netherlands working remotely from home located nearby to an international airport.
- Owning the global SAP BI/BW template and working with business leaders to protect the integrity of the template across a variety of regions, especially when change requests are made.
- Assisting with upfront in-country BI capability assessment for new deployments
- Feeding functional specifications into third party organisation so they can develop technical specs.
- Being an SAP knowledge base across the business.
- Accommodating regional variations to the template.
- Working closely with business process owners to design
- Identifying required changes needed country by country and to the global BI Template
- Oversee new or changed information requirements as specified by business process teams and work with third part integrator to find the best way for delivery
- Leading and facilitating better use of existing BI tools and information by sharing best practice/methods and introducing new and more appropriate tools when required.
- Working with the BI Solution Owner to oversee the end to end process of functional design
- Experience in delivering BI solutions through BI toolsets, especially SAP
- Experience of working with key senior stakeholders to design a strong set of management information KPIs
- Ideally experience with Finance organisation (understanding of purchasing, HR a bonus)
- Extensive Business Intelligence process knowledge
- Strong understanding and knowledge of leading practice SAP BI process design
- SAP technology understanding, especially in the formulation of efficient and effective business process BI designs
- Ability to interpret business strategy into relevant business requirements and outline solutions
- Requirements gathering and stakeholder engagement
- Problem Solver
- Self-starter, always striving for excellence
- Team Player
- Strong Negotiator and Influencer
- Able to work with senior board level stakeholders, as well as lower level users
- Strong Documentation ability
- Excellent communicator
- Decision making ability