* Lead technical development efforts originating from portfolio, participate in IT initiatives and provide active guidance for better planning and decision making in programme/projects and services.
* Establish strong working relationships with Finance and GPPS customer groups to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand.
* Assess and review architecture work, in programme/projects/services, and create a balance between the immediate and the strategic aspects.
* Use deep specialist knowledge and understanding of the Finance and/or GPPS business area direction and priorities to drive innovative solutions to issues and challenges faced by the customer area.
* Lead and develop the Solution Architecture capability (methods, processes, best practices etc.).
* Lead solution evaluation and selection decisions; buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the creation of business case.
* Lead the architecture and design of comprehensive solutions for Finance & GPPS that meet business requirements and are aligned to the clients Enterprise Architecture.
* Innovate and test new technologies with relevance to the Finance & GPPS portfolio, including POCs, assessments and business case development
* Provide subject matter expertise to ensure business opportunities are identified and realized.
* Proactively ensure that architecture decisions support both business and IS strategy, and that architectures delivered are compliant with relevant architecture standards, blueprints and roadmaps.
* Guide and steer architects and engineers (including third party suppliers) in the development and documentation of IT architectures for complex and business critical projects.
* Lead the development of solution architecture and engineering standards, roadmaps (1-5 years) and blueprints for F&GPPSIT.
* Undertake business analysis and business process analysis as part of solution design process
* Where appropriate support solution development efforts through active contribution/leadership of the software engineering effort (writing code).
* Test and quality assess new tools and products, to ensure they are fit for release.
F&GPPSIT Solution Architecture specific
* Take active stewardship and provide technical governance of applications in both AM and AD, within an assigned Finance & GPPS capability area.
* Participate in Architecture Assessments & Reviews either as Lead Reviewing Architect or as a Subject Matter Expert in the review team.
* Work with other F&GPPSIT Architects to develop and maintain a reference architecture for the Finance & GPPSIT portfolio.
* Collaborate with the F&GPPSIT Information Architecture capability to incorporate information management aspects into solutions and the reference architecture
* Maintain an on-going professional development in architecture, technologies and Finance related applications and services.
* Advice and support the aligned IT Capability lead on all aspects of architecture delivery and strategy for the given F&GPPSIT capability.
* Solid SAP experience required with the ability to understand high level SAP configuration.
* FICO / SD / MM modules highly preferable
* Financial background essential
* Key aspect of the role will be travelling to USA and Asia PAC
* Technical solution documentation generation and assessment experience
* Enterprise Architecture skills: Use case modeling, business process modeling, technical requirements definition, service design, system design, individual solution design, benefits analysis, etc
* Experience in System Performance and load testing and trouble shooting
* Experience with a range of development methodologies and tools, especially Agile approaches such as Scrum
* Experience in working with external suppliers, including RFI/RFP selection processes
* Excellent Influencing and Innovation skills
* Strong Collaboration Skills
* Ability to make decisions in pressure situations at a management level.
* Ability to shape/drive a strategy and a plan
* Good communication skills (both oral and written) and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
* The ability to travel both domestically and internationally
* A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience