Scala Developer - London - Pharmaceuticals - 6 months - Upto £650 pd
Experienced Scala Developer needed for a leading Technological Life Sciences innovator to continue their growth as one of the most progressive Scala teams currently in the UK. With the current transformation in the life sciences industry, the need to transform the ease of the data collection process is paramount. The successful Scala Developer would be integral to that change by facilitating processes allowing better treatments which can reach waiting patients sooner. Tech is at the forefront of the medical industry and finding those with a genuine passion for all things digital is paramount for this particular Scala Development position.
As a Scala Technical Expert:
- Direct development of Software Applications, very hands-on and mainly in Scala
- Understand complex business problems and translate the solution to technology.
- Stick to good engineering principles and provide high quality solution.
- Embrace new design patterns.
- TDD and code review.
- Full Scala competence.
- Help the team to debug the production issues and provide possible workarounds and solutions.
As an Agile Team Member:
- Continued team support and occasional pair programming.
- Working closely with all team members.
- Actively participate in Scrum meetings.
- Contribute in Scrum Artefacts.
- Thrives in a team environment and has strong people communication skills.
- Worked on (at least one) large scale Scala project in an enterprise environment.
- Exposure to AKKA-HTTP and Play2 framework.
- Practical experience in using MySQL Databases.
- Experience with TDD and BDD, with a UI focus.
- Demonstrable "expert-level" experience in troubleshooting and debugging web services.
- Basic understanding of source control.
- Development in SaaS and cloud-based environments.
- Experience in working with cloud technologies such as AWS.
Ideal Education & Experience:
- Typically requires strong related experience with a Bachelor's degree but a Master's degree with solid transferable skills would also suffice.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Interviews to be held W/C 8th Jan 2018