My client is one of the world's largest travel provider with a huge presence in the UK. Their growing business is largely based on their successful websites and now looking for a focused Scrum Master to join their team of talents.
You will be working alongside the Sprint Teams to assist the successful development of my client's application Software.
The Scrum Master is a leader who champions the scrum practices, who coaches, mentors and empowers their teams. They work with the team to ensure quality measures are achieved across story, sprints and releases.
About the role
- The Scrum Master will facilitate and contribute to the Daily Scrum meetings, demo, retrospective, sprint planning, and product backlog refinement.
- Liaise with key Stakeholders - Product Owner, Product Lead and the Technical Delivery manager
- You and the Sprint Team will be prioritizing the Sprint backlog and facilitate all key Scrum meetings and nurture team spirit, built on co-operation, openness and mutual respect, focused on the Sprint Goals.
- You will motivate and create an environment that fosters team collaboration, communication and transparency and also feedback to Product Owner/Lead on the product Backlog.
- You will ensure all information, related to the sprint team is easily visible. (Through the use of Rally toolset displaying the task board, Sprint Burndown Chart, impediments list, etc) and ensure the Sprint Team are clear on the state of flow. There are clear goals (expectations and rules are discernible and goals are attainable, aligning appropriately with skill sets and abilities).
- You will be providing direct and immediate feedback (successes and failures in the course of the activity are apparent, so that behaviour/approach can be adjusted as needed) and work with the team to ensure that User Stories (with Acceptance Criteria) and Tasks are broken down to minimum, testable and estimable level.
- Must ensure Sprint task board reflects what the team is actually doing and there are no undisclosed tasks and tasks bigger than one day's work. (Tasks not related to Sprint commitments are impediments to those commitments), as well as work with the team to define Definition of Done (DOD) and ensure that the team have a clear understanding of DOD.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and practices
- Understanding of software development practices
- Scrum master certification
- Experience of software development standards and policies
- Proven experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience of delivering Web products
- Experience with offshore team