BIG DATA CONSULTANT
As a Big Data Consultant you will be involved in the design and delivery of complex business solutions for a major Consulting company.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered to the defined schedule agreed with the client and/or Project or Programme Manager
- Understanding, analysing and shaping business requirements and extracting those of critical importance for delivering business benefit.
- Supporting the client project team - ensuring they are able to realise the solution through a combination of direct involvement , mentoring and intervention where necessary
- Optimising total cost of ownership by identifying and championing opportunities for synergy and agile solution designs
- Acting as a 'trusted lead ' for the technical arena within a programme alongside client and colleagues
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate a solid track record in delivering successful Big Data & Analytics solutions within a consulting environment including:
- Strong evidence of having taken a lead role in successful growth /pre-sales and Implementation of a broad range of Information Management solutions.
- Experience of vendor technology stacks and subsequent delivery of market leading BI / Big Data Analytics tools and solutions such as Oracle Hyperion ,OBIEE and Exadata , SAP Business Objects and Hana , IBM Cognos and Netezza, SAS, Microsoft , Informatica, Teradata Hadoop etc.
- Ability work with enterprise solution architects and Data Base Administrators (DBAs) to build effective and high performance data architectures
- Significant experience with designing and developing Enterprise / Business Intelligence reference and data/information architectures for both real-time and batch input environments.
- Comprehensive understanding of Data Governance, Business Analytics, Master Data Management ( preferably multi vendor ) , and Data Quality
- Excellent project management and planning skills ideally with formal experience of PRINCE 2 SSADM, or another recognised structured approach to development.
- Cross industry exposure, ideally with implementation experience from within both Public and Private sectors.
- Highly developed business analysis and requirements gathering expertise, as evidence by management of successful client workshops
- Ideally knowledge of both structure and unstructured data / information and associated solutions
- Excellent customer engagement skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.