Montash have been engaged by a Financial Services Client to source a Senior Technical Data Analyst/Engineer to work in Swindon on a 6 month + contract.
You will be working in their Business Transformation area working on an Information Management Architecture Project that spans Business Wide.
This need has arisen for a skilled and experienced Technical Data Analyst to work with the end users and the information management technical design communities to define, understand and analyse the source data to be used for reporting and analytical requirements. Comprising of a Hadoop Big Data implementation, a Teradata enterprise data warehouse and an Informatica ETL and data governance toolset you will be accountable for helping ensure the society leverages industry best practise and maintains a strong pace of delivery.
- Working with our information management teams to ensure the appropriate data source is identified and agree
- Using the Informatica toolset to profile the data, validating and creating the interface specifications as require
- Utilising the Hadoop Big Data platform to create "quick and dirty" prototypes to define and agree requirements and de-risk solution build
- Mapping the data from source interface to target data models
- Minimum of 2 years' experience data analysis in a similar SQL based role
- Exposure to and an understanding of the Hadoop big data platform with any exposure to Pig, Hive and the suite of open source tools embedded on the platform a bonus
Experience of enterprise ETL technologies with Informatica data profiler a bonus
data engineer / data analyst / technical data / data engineer / information management / MI / reporting / hadoop / big data / big data analyst / data implementation / teradata / enterprise data warehouse / data warehouse / informatica etl / etl / informatica / data governance / data / data validation / data prototypes / data source /data models / target data models / hadoop big data / HIVE / PIG / Opensource