Senior Java Developer
Salary: £60-65k + Bonus
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of the UK's most visited websites. Attracting 20M unique visitors a month, it is well on its way to becoming one of the 10 most popular sites in the UK, with a rapidly growing and established audience internationally.
Internal culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun providing a rewarding, stimulating and inspiring working environment. As an innovative organisation they are big fans of Lean Startup ideas and you will feel like you're working in a start-up, whilst at the same time having the resources of a large company. They work in small, cross-functional product focused teams where everyone is involved in the complete life cycle of a software product.
We are looking for a high-energy senior Back End Software Engineers who take pride in their work and like things to work and look super nice (i.e. a true Software Craftsmen who are passionate about clean code).You will be responsible for designing, giving functional and technical direction and implementing solutions and will be supported by Web Front-End and Quality engineers. You will be expected to develop new features as well as improve our existing code base, architecture and delivery process and work beyond your comfort zone in terms of the skill set.
We believe in using the right tool for the job and here is the bunch of tech we are using at the moment:Java, Spring MVC, Scala, Apache Shiro, Ehcache, Playframework, RESTful services, freemarker, Tomcat,Elasticsearch, Postgresql, Liquibase, MongoDB, Redis, MemcachedJenkins, Git, WebDriver, ScalaTest, JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, Cucumber,require.js, jQuery, jqMobi, SASS
We will expect you to have:
- Around 7 years of development experience on JVM platform ideally in an Internet company
- Solid experience with most of the tech listed above (or similar)
- Ability to produce clean, conscious, testable code
- Solid experience with all the DDs: TDD, DDD, BDD
- Experience with and passion about being part of agile team
- Ability to mentor and develop less experienced engineers
In the product development team we work in small, cross-functional product focused teams where everyone involved in the complete life cycle of a software product. We are trying to be as lean and as agile as possible in all aspects of what we do. We believe in build-measure-learn product development loop and continuously deliver our features in smallest valuable chunks. On average we release 12 times a week and continuously improving our technical platform and delivery process to be able to release more often.
What is on offer?
Chance to work with a very motivated international team of experienced and passionate Internet professionals.
- Competitive compensation including bonus plan, employer contributory pension scheme and other perks.
- International exposure, training and career advancement opportunities as being a part of the larger eBay inc. organization where the sky is the limit for those with talent and drive.
If this exciting opportunity is of interest then please get in touch. Send your CV to email@example.com or call Barty Isola on +44 (0)2070140230 for a private consultation.