Montash have been engaged by international blue chip organisation based in West London, to assist in the acquisition of a Senior DevOps Engineer. The Devops Engineer will work closely with the development and QA teams on various new projects implementation, and supporting thier existing enterprise platform.
In previous positions as a Systems engineer, DevOps Engineer you will have thrived in Agile / Scrum environment and have been a driving force behind DevOps adoption. You will also be a dab-hand at working across operations and development teams, helping to build the infrastructure architecture, as well manage the scalable, secure, and highly available environment.
The Senior Devops Engineer must have an extensive background building and supporting Cloud based platforms using AWS. The Devops Engineer must also have strong configuration management experience particularly using Puppet and Hiera.
It would be highly advantageous to have Git, Jenkins and Nagios experience but not an essential.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
As the Senior Devops Engineer you will need to have strong experience in;
- Building scalable cloud platforms, ideally in AWS (VPC, EC2, ELB, NAT, Elasticache, RDS, CloudFormation, Lambda, S3, etc.).
- Experience working with Puppet and Hiera
- Scripting using Python. Exposure to Fabric framework is an advantage.
- build and deployment with experience in Infrastructure as code/configuration.
- Experience of using monitoring tools and alerting services for servers, applications and services such as Nagios and Check MK.
- Experience developing LAMP stack applications (Moodle, WordPress and Drupal) using AWS.
- Proven experience utilising monitoring tools to drive performance enhancements.
- Linux system administration (CentOS /RedHat).
- Confident development of code that adheres to development best practice, exploiting tools such as Git and Jenkins to manage the process.
- Ability to Lead team members to complete large projects on time
Alongside an extensive technical background you will also need to be a strong communicator with the ability to work with development teams across the business.
This is a brand new position so If you have the necessary experience to be an ideal candidate for this role, please contact Saeed at Saeeds@montash.com with an updated version of your resume immediately.