Montash are currently engaged by the number one organisation in it's field to secure a new Senior Infrastructure Analyst, to focus on storage fundamentals In particular the NetApp Data ONTAP product, additonally experience on SAN and NAS will be important.
The team is responsible for the delivery, evolution and extended support of the Operational and Business system IT infrastructure across multiple geographic locations. Clients are both Commercial and Military
The Senior Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for key corporate and business application infrastructure delivery, evolution and advanced support and operations with a particular emphasis on Storage and Backup - however the infrastructure also comprises the Wintel server estate, incorporating VMware, Windows and RHEL and Solaris Business Systems estate and some complimentary knowledge of a subset of these is required in the incumbent.
- To design, develop and support the IT Infrastructure providing the basis for near 100% SLA performance of Business applications and Corporate IT systems
- To build on existing relationships with other technology groups within the business to ensure any opportunities for sharing of infrastructure and expertise are exploited
- To provide "expert services" and technology advice to other technology groups within the business to increase the influence of IT ensuring consistent technology decisions are made across the enterprise resulting in cost savings.
- To develop and evolve the IT Architectural roadmap with particular emphasis on Unified Storage and Enterprise Backup technologies.
- To provide the IT Operations Groups with support for the implementation of new operational responsibilities and to review and support the maintenance of those processes and procedures.
- To provide infrastructure support and expertise around virtualisation technologies, particularly VMware
- To provide infrastructure support and expertise around Inmarsat's Citrix Xenapp based Universal User Access system
- To support, manage and (where applicable) design infrastructure services such as Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
Senior Employee Duties
- To mentor more junior members of the wider IT Operations department, providing guidance and knowledge exchange
- Provide formal knowledge transfer presentations or training sessions to wider IT Operations department.
- Provide strategic input to IT Operations management around key decision points
- Support the efforts of the IT Operations teams by providing a 2nd/3rd level point of escalation as well as developing process and automation for those groups.
Essential knowledge and skills:
Knowledge and current practical experience to the level of Senior System Engineer for the majority of the following technical areas
- NetApp Data ONTAP both 7-mode and clustered mode to support a multisite, multiprotocol environment (CIFS, NFS, FC, iSCSI) including replication, monitoring and capacity planning.
- Wider knowledge of Storage fundamentals and topology (SAN, NAS and storage networks) and additional storage Vendor (e.g. HP) knowledge useful.
- Current and demonstrable experience in at least one of the following technology areas:
- VMWare, to the level of a VMWare administrator, in multi-node clusters.
- Windows Active Directory, Windows Server (2008 and later), HyperV
- Linux (RHEL-based distributions) or Solaris (10)
- Symantec NetBackup (7 and above)
Infrastructure, Strorage, SAN, NetApp, SAN