Job title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Job type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity to work with a leading FTSE 100 organisation based in Woking.
Reporting to the infrastructure manager; you will be ensuring infrastructure within the business is stable across all components of the Solaris and Linux infrastructure. Involving the installation, configuration, support, maintenance and optimisation of the hardware, operating systems and software.
- Assisting Infrastructure analysts in the resolution of end user hardware and software problems
- Delivering training where required
- Capacity management and planning for UNIX infrastructure
- Hardware fault diagnosis and management to resolution
- Advanced troubleshooting and an escalation point for UNIX issues
- Support application teams
- Virtualisation, server design, administration and troubleshooting using the UNIX tool set
- Build, manage & support servers from an OS perspective, including attachment to the SAN and Network Environment.
- Deliver and implement a standard server
- Ensure servers are patched with the latest firmware and OS updates using tools provided
- Ensure and monitor all servers using tools monitored
- Design, document and implement policies and procedures for server administration and disaster recovery
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of Master Server Reference List.
- Perform server and security audits
- Ensure all servers are backed up appropriately
- Monitor and test server and network performance; providing performance statistics and reports
- Recommend, schedule, and perform server upgrades, repairs and replacements.
- The ability to travel between sites
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience with Linux and Solaris in a production environment
- Solaris 11 experience
- Advanced Oracle/ Sun level system administration
- Good Shell scripting skills
- In depth SVM, ZFS and LVM knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Solaris/ Red hat Virtualisation platforms
- Good understanding of file permissions and ACL on ZFS
- Good UNIX security, hardening techniques and patch management
- Naming services skills for such as: NIS, LDAP, Kerberos and PAM
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques and performance tuning
- Networking skills such as: TCP, IP, NAT, IPFilter, Iptables and switching
- Hardware knowledge of Oracle, Sun (T Series) and HP hardware platforms
- Advanced Solaris JumpStart/AI and Red Hat Satellite/Kickstart
- Knowledge of Oracle/Sun, NetApp, HP and HDS storage systems
- Working knowledge of Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL & MySQL
- Understanding of Samba and Windows integration
- Solid Nagios/ NConf experience
- OSS tools, OpenCSW, SSH, Apache, Cacti and Tomcat knowledge
Desirable technical skills and experience
- NetBackup & HP DataProtector experience
- Oracle/Sun JES experience (LDAP, Application & Proxy servers)
- Linux clustering
- SAN management
- BC & DR knowledge
For more information please contact Tylerb@montash.com or at 0207 024 0230.