Senior Mobile Software Engineer
£50 - 60k Base + Bonus + Pension + Benefits
A truly exciting opportunity has arisen with a world-class provider of consulting and analysis to the energy and metals industries. This an organisation that has technology at the core of its activities, with existing revenue streams and new product development plans heavily dependent upon success in this area.
You would be joining a strong and growing team which includes pioneering members who have seen success with some of the world's largest and most prestigious tech giants. The delivery of digital content on a mobile platform is a new distribution channel for the organisation, and your principal responsibility would be to lead the technical innovation and delivery of all mobile applications within the company.
The role will specifically entail:
- Leadership with regards to designing, building and enhancing mobile application development
- Providing influence and technical leadership with regards to best practise development
- Influencing the on-going strategy for mobile development
- Building a high profile mobile development presence
The position requires the ability to apply detailed knowledge and experience of mobile application development using the current/trending mobile application frameworks.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience working as a senior mobile developer with commercial development and managerial experience
- Proficient in building applications on both iOS and Android (Hybrid or Native)
- Proficient with PhoneGap/Cordova, or similar hybrid mobile framework.
- Proficiency with modern IDEs and such as Xcode, Eclipse, and Android Studio including using features like instrumentation and the debugger.
- Intimately familiar with iOS/Android design patterns and Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines
- Commercial experience of the App submission process for both the Apple iTunes App Store and Google Play
- Solid experience with commonly used 3rd party libraries and services
- Experience with Integrating Mobile Analytics and best practices
- Experience with Push Notifications and best practices
- Strong experience of working in a global team
- Must have previous line management experience
- Issue identification, problem solving & analysis
- Planning, implementation & control
- Efficiency focused
- Assertive & influential
- Continuous improvement