Senior QA Engineer
My Client are undertaking a huge internal project to change the face of Financial Services by building a banking platform helping the 5 Million SME's that drive the whole of the UK.
Maximising potential of scaling businesses is at the very heart of everything they do, applying for credit can sometimes be a bit of a minefield so it's about time there was a solution to make this as easy as possible. You will have the opportunity to work on an innovative marketplace platform giving full transparency for both lenders and borrowers alike, not only will borrowers get a better deal, but lenders will get a streamlined process to boot...what Bank can honestly say they offer anything comparable?! They are NOT a bank, they are so much more than that. Do not think of this project as working with an alternative lender, more the chance to build an alternative solution.
The incumbent team is around 40 heads, from a diverse mix of disciplines and backgrounds. If you have got the ambition to grow with a rapidly scalable business and can bring a genuine energy when working in a close-knit team. Then I would be really keen to hear from you!
The successful candidate will be intrinsic in all parts of delivery of platform. A QA Engineer with the ability to think on their feet and propose solutions to real-world problems, combined with the desire to work collaboratively with cross functional teams in every area of the organisation is what we want.
If you answer "YES" to the following questions, then this could be the job for you:
- Are you of an inquisitive nature? i.e. whilst still able to follow the beaten track (test plan), you're curiosity and attention to detail will lead you to uncover edge cases that wouldn't have otherwise been considered.
- Are you able to differentiate between white and black box testing? What are the best uses of each?
- Can you identify and justify which QA techniques are best suited to particular scenarios? Boundary analysis and exploratory testing, amongst others, will be key.
- Do you want to be a figurehead in a truly Agile team right from the inception, and have some genuine technical ownership in everything you do? Rather than being pigeon-holed as a pure QA Engineer and nothing more.
- Do you yearn to be part of a an enthusiastic team who are always looking for the opportunity to demonstrate their genuine passion and excitement for being curious, Agile and exceeding above and beyond the pre-determined deliverables?
This is the FIRST EVER QA Engineer role with this Client, as such this is what will be expected:
- Collaboratively help to define and evolve the QA Strategy.
- Lead key improvements in business-critical areas through the definition of quality metrics.
- Spearhead the planning of testing activities.
- Use a variety of open-source tooling to design, develop and execute automation scripts.
- Not just design the tests, but have the capability to action corrective decisions when the quality of code deviates from the level you demand.
- Have an economical approach to reducing regression tests from days to minutes.
- Track and review quality metrics in a structured way using the correct systems.
- Compile well-structured and detailed test plans & cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as cucumber, selenium and beyond
- If you have experience with Python that would be great, but not a requirement
- Any experience in a service oriented environment and with API's advantageous
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- A competitive salary with performance linked bonus
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Generous training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- A strong and clear company culture, focused on growth
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays