Senior SAP FICO Solution Architect (up to £85k base)
Salary: up to £85,000 base (up to £120,000 package)
I am working with a Global Enterprise that is going through a large SAP Deployment. We are seeking an experienced SAP FI-CO Solution Architect with to be a lead architect in their SAP Transformation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in SAP; predominantly in FICO and would have completed at least one end to end implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
· Set strategic direction for SAP with IS-Finance and non-SAP components to be used to best fulfill business requirements, producing innovative technology solutions for implementation across the entire finance and controlling landscape
· Take a leadership role in engaging with internal customers; act in a trusted advisory and consulting role and represent systems and processes
· Use knowledge of business operations to understand information needs of the business unit and determine best technology to meet the needs.
· As a member of the Architecture Review Board work closely with other Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects in resolving complex enterprise IT architectural issues, mitigate risks, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies
· Develop near/mid-term/long-term roadmaps to address gaps and move company towards a future state SAP Finance and Controlling architecture to support future business growth and innovation
· Provide technical expertise in assigned business unit in the analysis, design, enhancement and implementation of business applications to support internal business functions.
· Analyse business processes, identify causes of problems and make recommendations for process improvements.
· Resolve complex design problems.
· Demonstrate an understanding of how improvements and changes in technology impact the organization.
· Manage mid-sized to large programs or components of a program.
· Monitor and report to management on program status, identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, recommend and implement corrective measures.
· Provide technical direction and training to more junior Business Solutions personnel.
· Experience with utilizing and configuring SAP FI and CO modules (at least 6 to 8 years) including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cost and Profit Centre Accounting, Profitability Analysis (COPA), and Banking and Cash Mgmt.
· Experience with SAP Treasury, Tax, DMEE development, Idoc resolution, and Workflow is a plus.
· Familiarity with general OTC, O2C and R2R functionality with an emphasis on how they interface into FICO
· Ability to work directly with customers to gather requirements and develop functional specifications.
· Work directly with ABAP developers on issue resolution and new functionality design
· Create and maintain technical and functional documentation
· Ability to interact with all levels of the business all the way up to and including the CFO
· Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
· 8+ years of experience in business systems and applications development and implementation.
· 6+ years SAP experience
· Thorough understanding of one or more transaction processing technologies.
· Thorough knowledge of the most commonly used business applications.
· Thorough knowledge in one or more functional areas of ERP system, transaction processing
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation.
· Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs.
· Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.