Senior Scala Developer with Scala, Cassandra and Agile for an initial 6 Month Contract
Experienced Scala Developer needed for a top Investment Bank to work on their Fixed Income Derivative and Cash Risk systems, to build an innovative Risk Management tool with concise Scala code. Alongside the new risk management tool, legacy systems are being migrated onto Scala to aid concurrency across the whole Front and Middle Office technology offering. The successful Scala Developer would need to be a real advocate of functional programming and understand the multi-threading elements of programming with Scala.
Profile of the Scala Developer position:
- Scala with experience developing multi-threaded server-side applications/services.
- Gather requirements from existing clients and analyze existing systems and functionalities.
- Manage the production and roll-out of any subsequent technical support.
- Undertake distributed systems development using distributed caches and/or grid computation.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban and experience working on Agile teams.
What we expect from you…
- Strong core Java.
- Data structures, design patterns and collections, complexity/performance analysis.
- Experience of Scala programming in a mixed environment.
- Multi-threaded programming.
- Java standard APIs.
- A genuine interest in Scala, and good understanding of streams or similar 'functional-style' framework in Java.
Interviews will be taking place in the first week of January, for an immediate start on this exciting project.
Please email your CV to email@example.com for more infromation.