Montash have been engaged by a Technology Consultancy to source a Senior Technology Manager with experience in Media and Broadcasting. This is initially a 6 month role based in London.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE REQUIRES EXPERIENCE IN UNDERTAKING PROJECTS IN BROADCAST AND MEDIA ENVIRONMENTS AND CAN NOT CONSIDER CANDIDATES WITHOUT THIS.
The roles are long term, with an initial duration of 6 months.
- Technical design - Create, contribute, review and audit technical design for distribution and associated systems, taking account of resilience, operational and disaster recovery requirements. Establish detailed technical requirements from customer business requirements. Document technical designs.
- System reconfiguration - Undertake hands-on reconfiguration, updates and changes to live systems in a controlled structured and methodical way. Create change requests and change plan for all work undertaken. Minimise risk to transmission.
- Technical Knowledge and expertise - Detailed technical knowledge and domain expertise. Detail understanding of equipment configuration, set-up and commissioning. Keep abreast of industry developments and be fully across emerging technical standards. Go to person in the team for technical standards.
- Testing and Commissioning - Create, develop, document and execute detailed test plans for type, factory and site acceptance testing. Undertake appropriate tests when accepting new equipment for use in the distribution chain. Keep up to date with the relevant regulations and undertake electrical safety assessment of equipment. Document configurations.
- Technical Delivery - Hands-on technical implementation of upgrades, new build, refresh and event based projects within the distribution space.
Technical Experience Required
- Broad knowledge of undertaking projects in broadcast and media environments over at least 10 years to a range of customer areas.
- Experience in the type acceptance and electrical safety assessment of equipment
- Experience in dealing with customers with tact and diplomacy using demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills.
- Broad understanding of professional financial management and project management techniques.
- Well-developed negotiating and communication skills.
- Very detailed understanding of Harmonic digital television and radio coding and multiplex configuration and control systems and firmware, to enable the reconfiguration, modification and testing of Harmonic coding and multiplexing systems. Should have worked on major implementation projects involving these systems within the last 18 months
- Detailed experience of at least 2 years specifying, implementing and testing Sky satellite network adaptation systems.
- Detailed experience of at least 2 years specifying, implementing and testing of UK digital terrestrial and digital satellite distribution systems. Must have a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the technical system requirements relating to the carriage of UK platform specific digital television and radio systems. This experience should include, but is not limited to methods for supporting the carriage of data, aspect ratio signalling, access services (subtitles and audio description), Multimedia and Hypermedia Experts Group and Open TV data, schedule data, programme stream and component identifiers.
- Detailed experience of specifying, implementing and testing of the UK DTT and Freesat Central Collation System. Should have worked on major implementation projects involving this system within the last 3 years
- Very detailed understanding of the BBC's digital television and radio distribution technical architecture in the UK.
- Very detailed understanding of the BBC's national and regional television and radio distribution infrastructure. Including detailed technical knowledge of opt-out and distribution systems
- Detailed understanding of the BBC's On-line Video Factory and Audio Factory systems including the overall AWS, OTG elements in order to enable the reconfiguration, modification, testing and commissioning of these systems
- Detailed understanding of the distribution network, firewall and server architectures including but not limited to Cisco, HP and Juniper devices.
- Detailed technical knowledge of signal processing equipment from various manufactures including but not limited to Axon, Evertz, Sencore and dB