Senior UX/Front-End Developer
Salary: £60-65k + Bonus
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of the UK's most visited websites. Attracting 20M unique visitors a month, it is well on its way to becoming one of the 10 most popular sites in the UK, with a rapidly growing and established audience internationally.
Internal culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun. As an innovative organisation they are big fans of Lean Startup ideas and you will feel like you're working in a start-up, whilst at the same time having the resources of a large company. They work in small, cross-functional product focused teams where everyone is involved in the complete life cycle of a software product.
We are looking for experienced Front-end Engineers who take pride in their work and like things to work and look super nice and provide a rewarding user experience. As a Front-end Engineer you will work closely with Designers and Backend Engineers to create snappy and highly usable interfaces.
We would expect you to have
- 5 years minimum experience in web development and Front End engineering
- Experience in dealing with cross-browser issues (Preferably including mobile)
We would be even more excited if you also have
- Experience creating a responsive design using HTML 5, CSS3 and Media queries.
- Experience with version control such as GIT or Subversion
- Strong working knowledge of optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual rendering speed) and performance measurement
- Experience with accessibility and screen readers
- Experience with CSS architecture such as OOCSS or SMACCS
- Experience with CSS pre-processors like SASS or LESS
- Experience or knowledge of GRUNT
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Experience working in a java back end environment (Maven, Tomcat)
- Agile/Scrum development experience or appreciation of what agility is about
- Experience working with templating languages e.g. freemarker or handlebars
If this exciting opportunity is of interest then please get in touch. Send your CV to email@example.com or call Barty Isola on +44 (0)2070140230 for a private consultation.