Montash are currently engaged with a large manufacturing company to source and secure an experienced IT infrastructure server support analyst.
This position sits within the company's growing IT Infrastructure team who are responsible for 300 servers and 1800 client across the world. You will be a member of the 3rd line support team and your main responsibility is managing and maintaining the Windows Server estate.
You will assist with the business maximising the current investment in Microsoft Technologies including Windows Server 2012R2, Hyper-V 2012R2, Active Directory 2012R2 and the entire System Centre 2012R2 suite as well as Microsoft Azure.
This position has a heavy focus on both software and hardware with a 60/40 split between project work (60%) and BAU (40%).
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Responsible for ensuring optimum performance of the Windows Server estate - monitoring, tuning and patch management
- Troubleshooting complex issues surrounding the Windows Server estate at both software and hardware levels. Working with other teams (networks, storage, application) to resolve issues quickly and put measures in place to prevent them happening again
- Attend cross functional meetings to help suggest and design solutions to support business goals and strategy
- Provide support and daily assistance to 2nd line functions ensuring customer queries are resolved quickly and efficiently, whilst providing training and knowledge sharing
- Suggest and identify ways to improve current processes and where possible maximise use in current software technologies
- Follow IT processes to ensure OLAs are met
Qualification & Experience:
- Level 3 knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2 through to Windows Server 2012R2 including OS fine tuning and troubleshooting and installing and managing infrastructure services such as DHCP, DNS, DFS
- Level 3 knowledge of one or more of the following: System Centre Operations Manager 2012R2, Virtual Machine Manager 2012R2, Orchestrator 2012R2, Service Manager 2012 R2
- A detailed understanding of Active Directory and surrounding technologies including DNS, Group Policy, ADFS, PKI and RMS
- Previous experiencing in configuring, installing and troubleshooting HP servers including the DL and BL range.
- A fundamental understanding of enterprise class storage systems
- A fundamental understanding of networking including LAN and WAN technologies
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Have and understanding of the ITIL framework