Service Delivery/ Cloud/ Wireless/ SATCOM
Service Delivery Manager - Cloud Technology - London - £60-70k plus bonus and benefits
Montash are currently engaged with the industry leader of mobile satellite communications; helping to deliver an unrivalled portfolio of global satcom solutions to keep people connected at all times, be it on land sea or air.
This industry leader is seeking a highly intuitive, keen to learn Service Delivery Manager with a strong technical background and superb external & internal product and service stakeholder communication skills.
Purpose of the role:
The Service Delivery Manager role interfaces between the Business Development teams and the System and Engineering teams to lead and deliver the Cloud Technology for its Maritime service. Therefore experience in Cloud and VMWare technologies is essential.
The Service Delivery Manager will be involved from technical feasibility to concept definition through to implementation and delivery to the commercial Product Management team. The role entails reaching out to key players in the industry to anticipate market needs and feed innovation through the product development cycle.
Cloud technology products developed are likely to work in cooperation with other third party cloud services.
It is therefore expected of the Service Delivery manager to be comfortable with billing platforms. For example the candidate is expected to have experience in at least one of the following: Geneva, Capterra, Convergys, Cerillion, Ericsson and OSS360 (Advantage).
Key responsibilities include:
Engaging with Internal and External Product and Service stakeholders, as well as leveraging industry experience to:
- Understand the key revenues drivers for the Maritime Business units and the 'make or break' product launch in the next 18 months.
- Develop, define, document and manage new Products and Service (P&S) requirements for the Maritime market at a wholesale level and retail level when necessary. This task includes working closely with the Maritime Business Development team.
- Support the Maritime Business unit in constructing Business cases, specifically lead technical feasibility assessment, identify key building blocks and stakeholders and collate ROM costs estimates and high-level delivery schedules.
- May be required to take the project management lead for Core Maritime project definition. This may include formulating project plans, manage and deliver enhancements or new products in a timely manner, with sharp focus on the original aims and market requirements and tenacious monitoring of quality.
- Working closely with the Maritime product team in support of commercial service introduction ensuring products or services are beta tested and fit for purpose at launch enabling fast adoption in the market.
- Prepare and review P&S specification documents, service descriptions, data sheets and presentation materials on Maritime roadmap Products and Services.
- Develop understanding of the Maritime deployment environment including knowledge of the installation and operating environment, interfaces, maintenance and regulatory considerations;
- Provide P&S technical information to assist the Maritime BU's preparation of market messaging, collateral materials and bid and proposal (B&P) responses to commercial opportunities;
- Engage the Maritime BU to gather P&S performance metrics and market adoption data to ensure the new product or service is delivering against the business case expectations. Instigate remedy actions if necessary.
- Report on projects, key milestones, KPI as required by the business.
Candidates will be expected to possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to wireless communications (Engineering, Mathematics or Physics);
- Technical background with proven experience in wireless broadband communications technologies, preferably SATCOM; experience with complementary technologies such as IP routing/switching, Ethernet, MPLS, acceleration/WAN optimizers, VoIP and video/audio encoders is a plus;
- Proven experience applying technical and industry expertise to develop solutions that conform to use cases and application requirements in a relevant field.
- Cloud and VMware experience is essential
- App tool, app service and app provision/delivery is required. It would be beneficial if the candidate possesses experience of service integration.
- The candidate must be technologically astute whilst demonstrating a strong resolve and intuitive stakeholder management skills. The candidate will be responsible for relaying identified system requirements to the team and 'get hands on', put their name on the product and be versatile in their product engagement. Thus, the candidate's role will not be strategy-centric. Consequentially, candidates will need to be informed and up to date with business technology.
- Summarily, the candidate needs to be able to engage in commercial discussion with technical action.
- It would be beneficial for you to know Telco billing platforms. EG Geneva, Capterra, Convergys, Cerillion, Ericsson and OSS360 (Advantage).
It would be ideal but not essential if candidates:
- Came from a software development and/or solutions architect background
- Proficient in Cisco software
- VSAT or L-Band experience is desirable.
- 3G or LG qualifications are not needed.
Service Delivery/ Cloud/ Wireless/ SATCOM
For more information, or a general discussion on the industry, contact Scott on: 0107 014 0230 or email@example.com