Montash have been engaged by a Client in the Air Traffic Control Sector to source a Service Design Architect for an initial 7 month contract based in Hampshire.
As the Service Design Architect you will be responsible for the end to end design and engineering of the Service Operationa Management Orchestration and Automation tooling platform and service model. This role will be responsible for designing a capability on which to create repeatable, automated tasks and workflows to deliver orchestrated request fulfilment, service restoration, runbooks, and to support automated change and release. This includes working closely with infrastructure and applications teams to orchestrate Infrastructure, OS, and Application provision. It also involves automating repetitive operational tasks, incident resolution and problem resolution to minimise operational costs and improve consistency and quality.
This role will be responsible for leading a team of SMEs through detailed design and build activities. Service Design Architect you will be responsible for the production and presentation of the design artefacts required to satisfy architecture, security, and safety design governance boards.
You will work with various stakeholders to refine requirements (user stories), liaise with Design Leads to produce an integrated design for SOM overall. As part of the Design Lead role you will help establish a team of engineers and direct and manage the engineering delivery for the scope of responsibilities.
You will also be responsible for ensuring quality of the solution including product build out, configuration, testing, training, and operational handover. The role also involves working with other programs to accommodate their requirements and configure the tool set accordingly working with an on-boarding team.
- Ability to decompose High Level requirements, model them and document in sufficient detail for low level design
- Strong leadership and self-motivated
- Experience leading and directing small teams
- Demonstrable experience integrating automation tools with APIs using patterns like REST/SOAP
- Ability to learn new tools/techniques quickly and apply this to the SOM environment
- Working knowledge of Service Now, especially Service Now Orchestrator
- Working Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating
- Working knowledge of automation and desired-state management tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible
- Working knowledge of Request Fulfilment and how to automate fulfilment
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams
- ¿Skills Nice to have
- Three or more years experience in automation
- Knowledge/Experience of Service Management Tools such as Service Now, CA Service Desk or BMC Remedy
- Able to model processes to help realise the orchestration of the provision of complex catalogue items
- Knowledge of Infrastructure provisioning using orchestration tools
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM