Service Desk Analyst - Active Directory - Desktops - Laptops - ITIL - Windows - Exchange - London
Service Desk Analyst - Active Directory - Desktops - Laptops - ITIL - Windows - Exchange - London required to work in a busy, professional environment for a large organisation on a permanent basis.
Montash are retained to work with one of the UK's leading companies who are looking for an enthusiastic Service Desk Analyst to join up and to develop and grow with the company.
Salary Range = £20,000 - £25,000 per Annum + Benefits.
Tasks they will be completing will include:
- Working within a global team supporting up to 2000 users; face to face, via email and over the phone, logging issues using the Microsoft Service Manager system and escalating where appropriate to 2nd line for all core Business Systems.
- Account management using Active Directory, creating new users, resetting passwords, creating new email accounts on the Exchange server and solving issues on PCs and laptops remotely using remote software.
- Setup and administer new and existing users' network and email accounts, remove users from LAN systems when they leave and administer access rights to network resources.
- Mapping Network drives, creating network sharing, resolving issues involving network printers, MFDs while provide support for printing from every PC to share corporate networked printers and any other network related issues
- Performing operations including defragmentation, virus scans, re-imaging PCs using MS System Center Configuration Manager, as well as resolving any general hardware or software issues such as installing of Antivirus with updating definitions on regular basis from the server.
- Provide advice on the best IT information available to staff who are dealing with computer problems or making IT decisions.
- Install, support and troubleshoot the Corporate IT standard desktop PC or laptop configuration and restore settings back to the original corporate standard.
- Assist in dealing with hardware repair and maintenance for desktop PCs, printers and laptops, plus carry out basic hardware upgrade and installation service. This includes, but is not limited to, installing extra memory, hard drive and operating upgrades and installations.
- Graduate with recognised qualifications in Computer Studies or successful progress towards Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer qualification.
- ITIL understanding.
- At least one year's proven work experience of providing desktop and laptop support using MS operating systems typically XP and Windows 7.
- Ability to provide excellent Customer Services over the phone, via email and face to face.
- Understanding of Information Technology, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Windows XP/7, Microsoft Office applications, the Internet, and Outlook 2013 with the ability to install and configure standard software applications.
- Understand remote access to systems using Citrix and VPN technology.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of basic networking principles (principally in a Cisco environment).
- Good knowledge of the IT industry.
- General knowledge of the telecoms industry.