The Senior Engineer will possess an elevated level of technical knowledge regarding the ServiceNow software platform. They will work with all levels of the ServiceNow organization; architecture, engineering, quality assurance, administration and others in the design, development and implementation of ServiceNow applications. They will provide architectural input and maintain stability of the overall platform by ensuring the appropriate design and development standards are used at all times. They must be able to conceptualize and engineer custom solutions in an expanding multi-tenant ServiceNow environment. They will be required to provide engineering estimates, help team members to deliver business requirements and adhere to a schedule with deliverables. They will help facilitate business meetings as needed and actively be engaged in team discussions. This position will be expected to mentor and train engineering team members in all aspects of the business. The Senior Engineer, from time to time, may also be requested to perform project management tasks, They must be able to work independently as well as supervise the work of others.
- Solution and provide requested enhancements to existing ServiceNow applications
- Work with functional and admin teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow
- Advanced scripting of business rules, UI Policies, Client Scripts, ACLs, Workflow Activities, etc.
- 3rd party software integrations with ServiceNow
- Facilitate and support the rollout of new application and enhancements in ServiceNow
- Advise functional and admin teams on design, development and overall ServiceNow best practices.
- Provide level of effort estimates
- Mentor team members work independently and supervise others.
- IT related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent or 4 years IT related experience
- Successfully completed one or both; ServiceNow Certified Application Developer, ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- Minimum ITILv3 Foundations Certification
- 3+ years of management experience overseeing multiple direct reports
- Relationship Management skills - Customer facing and internal
- Team organization and management skills - people management and administrative skills
- Innovative thinker with respect to service quality/improvements with an eye towards priorities, budget constraints and managing risk.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills required, including refined presentation, listening and negotiation skills.
- Patience, tolerance and resilience
- Minimum 3+ years of ServiceNow development, configuration and administration experience in an enterprise environment.
- Participation in the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and promotion into Production.
- Knowledge of system design and development used within Service Oriented architecture and web services integration (SOAP, WSDL, JAXWS)
- Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 Technologies (Java Scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX, Jelly, CSS, PERL scripting, etc.), PowerShell
- Integration (interfacing) of enterprise software systems with ServiceNow
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Service Catalog, Change/Incident/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge, Release Management, etc.
- Experience working in and managing multiple update sets and coordinating their promotion throughout multiple instances.
- Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow Best Practices and ongoing knowledge of latest ServiceNow features.
- Must have experience in multiple ServiceNow implementations and have developed custom applications
- Must be adaptable to work in a varied, fast paced exciting, ever changing environment