Montash have been engaged by a Leading Travel Company to source a Service Transition Manager for an intitial 3 month contract based in Luton. You will be required to join a programme rolling out service upgrades to Exchange, AD and Office365 applications and migrating users to the upgraded platforms.
As a contract Service Transition Manager you will be working directly with project teams, ensuring that services are defined, documented and rolled out in line with the agreed transition strategy, and service documentation standards.
We are looking for an experienced individual who can work independently as well as part of a structured team, managing their workload within the project delivery timelines, meeting tight deadlines and delivering work to a high quality.
This is a high pressured environment and the Service Transition Manager is a key resource in coordinating and leading the service readiness activities, including providing hands-on delivery of relevant service documentation, agreeing and meeting operational acceptance criteria, and transitioning the support into live in line with the overall programme deliverables.
You will work with the project manager, product owners, solution architects, business analysts and service managers, and you will be accountable for managing service requirements as well as to ensure all service management activities have been completed to ensure a smooth implementation into the live service.
Skills and Experience
- +5 years Service Transition experience managing the transition of medium to large scale service implementations, including user migrations.
- Experience in transitioning large scale projects covering multiple internal and external teams and vendors, from development into support.
- Experience in designing and documenting end-to-end service and support models.
- ITIL v3 certified. (Intermediate level).
- Very strong ITIL Service Transition process knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and influence wide range of stakeholders.
- Hands on experience of delivering service support models, knowledge transfer, and working directly with change management.
- Hands-on experience with Exchange and AD migrations, Office 365 migrations or implementations for large numbers of diverse users.
- Experience within a multi-vendor team structure.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration. Advanced degree preferred.