Location: London, SW1
Role: Sharepoint Administrator Developer
Salary: £50-60K + bens + 10% bonus
Skills: Sharepoint 2007-2010, Sharepoint Online, Office 365, .NET, SQL, IIS, Active Directory, ITIL
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for configuration and maintenance of a SharePoint environment consisting of SharePoint 2007, 2010 and SharePoint Online. The SharePoint Administrator will lead the development and implementation of a governance plan, implement compliance and discovery, develop and support SLAs, enforce ownership of applications and sites with stakeholders, and perform development tasks.
The SharePoint Administrator will act as primary technical support lead for the company's Intranet, developed on Unily (unily.com), fully integrated with Office 365.
In addition to maintenance and support of the existing environment, the SharePoint Administrator will plan and lead the migration of all existing legacy SharePoint sites to SharePoint Online.
The Sharepoint Administrator Developer is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Reports to Director of Enterprise O365 and Identity Services
- Close Alignment with Intranet content management group in Corporate Communications team
- Support PMO, Enterprise Technical Services CTO, Business Application Services Manager and peers within the organisation
- Supports Service Desk operations
- Provides technical support for internal customers
SharePoint Technical Responsibilities (must be able to demonstrate proficiency with the following technologies):
- Broad and deep understanding of SharePoint technology including Office 365 SharePoint Online, SharePoint Server 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, upgrading and managing a SharePoint environment
- Configuring all service applications like Search, Metadata, User Profile Synchronization etc.
- Working with SQL administrators for backup and maintenance of various content and logging databases in SQL Server.
- Assignment of proper permission levels for all users of the sites and site collections.
- Developing and supporting automated jobs via PS and .NET such as new site configuration, backups, compliance checks, data quality controls and others depending on business requirements.
- Working with User Experience team to support colleagues in their day to day involvement in SharePoint sites. For instance, uploading a document, starting an approval workflow etc.
- Resolve complex SharePoint related issues in a timely manner
- Implement, promote and adhere to relevant standards and policies.
- Patch SharePoint premise servers managed by the team.
- Perform project work such as content migrations, new installations and integrations using scripting and tools.
- Create and maintain project and operational how-to documentation
- Support management systems
- Act as escalation point from Service Desk
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning.
- Track Consumption and Adoption
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 3-5 years of experience in a full time technical role managing, maintaining and troubleshooting a Microsoft SharePoint environment
- Has working understanding of Microsoft technology including various versions of SharePoint, IIS, SQL server, Active Directory and Security
- Experience writing and customizing scripts to support maintenance tasks, integrations and migrations
- Experience working in a dynamic mid-size or larger organization
- Ideally, has participated in content migrations for small or medium size businesses
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-3 relevant and recent technical Microsoft certifications one of which must be focused on Windows 2008 or higher, or SharePoint
- Professional certifications including ITIL, project management, business analysis are highly desirable
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Self-assured, reliable and outgoing and able to influence and persuade non-IT professionals
- Ability to manage expectations and work to realistic business needs whilst adhering to best practices
- Having a flexible approach work patterns and or working practices
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
- Able to work with people at all levels of technical ability
- Self-starter, works independently and takes initiative