Montash are retained to work with one of the UK's leading companies who are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Software Developer with exposure to Networking.
Tasks the successful candidate will be completing will include:
- Working with Network Monitoring system users to understand new requirements, develop and test new or enhanced features
- Work with the Network Monitoring system system designer to contribute to the Network Monitoring system evolution and shape the future architecture of the Network Monitoring system to support the evolution of Network Monitoring system from a network monitoring system into a true service monitoring platform
- Working alongside engineers from the Development & Engineering divisions to understand the design and architecture of new services to be launched and ensuring there are appropriate interfaces to allow the Network Monitoring system to collect monitoring and service information required to support the new services
- Work with the Service Assurance engineers, Operations staff and Business Units to identify fault and performance issues in the Inmarsat services/networks. Where necessary creating new fault conjectures or performance graphs so that the Network Monitoring system can detect and alert on new issues
- Support network engineers and service performance specialists in network performance troubleshooting & problem resolution
- Interact with Operations, Product Support and Customer Support teams to answer customer questions and help resolve customer network issues, identify and resolve software bugs.
- BSc in either Computer Science or a technical/engineering discipline
- A minimum of 2 years (3-4 years desirable) of hands-on Java and C++ software development working in a real-time operational environment
- Practical experience of whole software development lifecycle, producing high quality re-useable code in a team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills in teams and corporate environments
- Experience with technical writing and documentation.
- Good Windows and Linux background, in particular Redhat/CentOS.
- Good understanding of IP networks and exposure to network troubleshooting using Wireshark or similar tools
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- A reasonable understanding and appreciation of IT and network security best practices
- A proactive and solution-oriented approach with attention to detail.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Use of the Std C++ and Boost C++ libraries
- Some knowledge of SQL and NOSQL Databases, such as Cassandra
- Experience in Network Management and network/service KPIs
- Exposure to Web API programming and Google Web toolkit
- Experience developing Java and Web based user interfaces
- Exposure to Gensym G2 programming