Software Development Engineer (IoT Devices)
Rate: €100 - €120 per hour
I am currently working with a Global Brand that is investing heavily in IoT Platform and future technologies. They are about to embark in a 3 year transformation that will once again highlight them as a leader in their industry.
- Actively engage in internal discussions to understand needs and pain points in developing and deploying IoT applications
- Develop IoT related solution blueprints by combining edge device, compute, storage, networking, software and services to meet client demands from early prototyping to full implementation while accounting for future growth
- Deliver POCs and end-to-end full lifecycle IoT solutions
- Lead virtual teams to drive results
- Engage with partners on product capabilities to deliver solutions
- Prior experience with IoT infrastructure and technologies.
- Experience with IoT platforms such as Microsoft Azure IoT, Google Pub Sub, Amazon AWS IoT, Kaa, ThingWorx, Lumada, SAP Leonardo, Oracle IoT
- Understanding of IoT use cases in a manufacturing environment such as energy monitoring, predictive maintenance, product quality monitoring, worker safety monitoring, etc
- 5+ years of proven, hands-on track-record as a software developer in cloud-enabled products
- Significant expertise (at least 3 years of experience) in cloud technologies and in building RESTful APIs to power cloud and web services is required.
- Experience in Test Automation frameworks and Test-Driven Development practices
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Storm, Spark, Kafka, Flume etc.) is a plus