Montash have been exclusively retained to find a passionate and innovative Software Development Manager to lead their client's growing workforce in Munich. We're looking for a manager who's passionate about giving the best possible developer experience, has extremely strong development skills, and is excited to build high-quality open-source software in a fast moving, agile environment.
In this position, you can expect to be at the heart of the client, frequently collaborating with various teams as well as internal customers from around the globe. You will also have the opportunity to engage with external customers online and in person as the voice of the client within the developer community.
To succeed in this role, you should be incredibly customer focused, have a strong command of both Java & Amazon Web Services (AWS) and an expert knowledge of the developer community worldwide. You must enjoy collaborating with teams across the company and take pleasure from delighting developers with high-quality, best-of-breed development tools and libraries. Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, strategic planning, product definition, customer communication, project management for software within the team, and quality of software development process. Additionally, as our client's workforce is growing, hiring top-notch engineers will be a key focus.
You will be working with modern technologies and have exposure to a vast variety of projects, one of which is to move to a cloud-based environment that heavily incorporates microservice architecture. We are looking for enthusiastic technologists who know which technology excites them and why! The client's technology stack includes popular development tools such as:
- + Many more
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Over 5 years of experience as a software engineer/developer/architect.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience managing software engineers.
- Strong technical/development background within the Java Ecosystem.
ADDITIONAL BONUS SKILLS
- 7+ years of people management experience.
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development cycle including coding standards, source control management, code reviews, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience owning open source projects.
- Deep understanding of networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams.
- Passion for people management and mentoring talented engineers.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.