Role: Development Manager
Salary: £75-95K + bens
Skills: Team Management, SDLC, Java, CI/CD, Architect, API, Finance, Banking, Financial
Our client provide software and services to the banking and insurance world. They have requested that only people who come from a Java Development background and understand this area and who have worked within a financial organisation apply for the role. You will NOT be coding but will be able to put people on the right path if they are unable to. You will manage 8-10 people.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technical project manager/architect to join our Banking Management Team and lead our Java/web development team.
We are looking for a talented and experienced technical project manager/architect to oversee the full SDLC of a variety of development projects.
You will lead the development team and liaise with project managers (internal and external) regarding progress.
You will be part of the Operations Management Team which has responsibility for determining the companies ongoing product investment as well as setting priorities and determining resource allocations.
You will use your experience in software development to assist the development team wherever required.
You will make sure that the technologies applied, methodologies and development models used, are all appropriate to ensure project success and the long term viability of the product
For this role the successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership, problem-solving, building software development teams, to innovation in tools, technology and development processes.
- Drive and enthusiasm necessary to achieve results
- Experience of managing software development teams and full SDLC
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver solutions
- Experience of implementing modern development practices, such as continuous integration, build and test automation
- Ability to recognise customer & colleague needs and provide a consistently high level of service
- Ability to work under pressure and identify and prioritise key issues, in a dynamic environment
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to investigate and analyse issues objectively and make sound decisions that maximise opportunities for the business
- A record of developing and building productive working relationships internally and externally to deliver highest quality and value for customers
- Software development experience, including Java and web application development
- Integration/API expertise
- Ability to think "out of the box"
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of an organisation, able to convey messages in a confident and engaging way