I am working with one of the most recognized e-commerce companies in the UK! We are seeking a career driven professional to join the team.
In this role, you will manage and lead a software development team responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional software services were built and thinking how to build software services best suited for the team. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these software services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed software technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a head of software development, you will part of the larger technical leadership community. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position within Software Services team represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, Â ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
- Hire, mentor and lead a software development team (frontend and backend).
- Lead design, implementation, and deployment of successful highly distributed, large scale services.
- Responsible for identifying, commissioning and leading work on most complex, large-scale systems that have a major impact on the entire company.
- Serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
- Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.