Montash have been engaged by a Leading FTSE 100 Client who are looking to source a Software Delivery Manager with solid experience of managing and developing technical teams and lead software deliveries through the development lifecycle to produce high quality software for their core systems.
As Delivery Manager your technical experience and leadership is key to manage the various inter dependencies of project deliverable's across multiple releases and ensure suppliers and development teams deliver on time and on budget while maintaining high quality standards. Coordinating developments for multiple projects, you will work closely with Project Managers to ensure successful delivery.
- Own products and/or components in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant components /roadmap
- Work closely with the key business customers, stakeholders, external partners and all groups within the organisation to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to appropriate quality standards.
- Financial accountability including estimation and forecasting of developments
- Negotiating and re-negotiating contracts with suppliers, through the Commercial team, to ensure contracts are structured to support high-quality, cost effective delivery, in line with the way the chosen delivery methodology requires
- Build relationships with Business Leads, Project Managers and Business Partners, ensuring scheduling alignment for delivery of components within the wider release schedule
- Lead daily stand-ups with delivery teams and effectively manage expectations of IT and Business Stakeholders
- Technical leadership of the software development team including clear and concise technical guidance.
- Close interaction with application design to maximize reuse of software components
What they are looking for
- A proven track record in building high-performance, enterprise applications at scale, leading and managing teams on complex software projects
- Proven track record delivering software using agile and waterfall methods for software delivery.
- Technical acumen with significant prior experience with development technologies; keeping pace with technical innovation
- Experience in leading and managing software development teams, preferably in medium/large companies
- Well versed with software engineering practices (e.g. Continuous Engineering, Build/Deploy, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Test and Staging Environments).
- Working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and the testing of these
- Knowledge on software deployment, infrastructure, database, application performance matrix (e.g. Memory, CPU, network, multi-threading etc.)
- Experience of managing both on shore and off shore 3rd party supplies to cost, time and quality
- Risk and Impact Analysis - Identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
- Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex delivery schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations
- Able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to demonstrate when a good job has been done and how to learn from mistakes
- Using source code control (Perforce, Subversion, git) in multi-branch environments and understand how to manage the complexity of multiple delivery streams
- Experience in using tracking systems (Rally, JIRA)
- Experience in either line management or matrix management
- Extensive experience of Hybris Commerce and leading end to end implementation of large scale global B2B & B2C E-Commerce rollouts from inception to launch
- Good Knowledge of cockpits, profiles, contents, components, back-office, PIM and other important aspects of Hybris
- Delivered Hybris roadmap as part of a program of work or project
- In-depth knowledge of Web Content Management (WCMS) that provide rich end user experience to E-Commerce systems including Responsive Web Design (RWD) and Multi-Channel content rendering capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of performance tuning and for ecommerce platforms
- Good understanding of Omni-Channel Digital Marketing services including Web, Mobile, Print-Media and other peripheral services like Web Analytics, Campaign Management, personalization, etc.
- Extensive experience in J2EE architectures and technologies (JDBC, JPA, JMS, EJBs, Servlets, Web services etc.)