My client is one of the world's largest travel provider with a huge presence in the UK. Their growing business is largely based on their successful websites and now looking for Solutions Architect to join their IT Architecture Team.
Their IT Architecture team is responsible for defining end to end solutions across new and exciting change programmes for a number of my client's Airline business.
About the role
- Your role will ensure that project/product technical options are considered and recommended approaches are clearly designed with valuable solutions.
- To ensure all project/product technical issues and risks are managed appropriately and resolved.
- You will be the central point of contact on architecture matters, liaising with all stakeholders, from business leads to technical infrastructure teams, data, integration, security, service introduction and solution designers, both locally and with Group teams.
- You will provide the structured technical framework within which the IT solutions should be designed and subsequently delivered, driving forward the solution delivery and any impact assessments, evaluations, product selections and POC's as required.
- You will also be expected to support the Enterprise team on roadmaps, strategy and technical recommendations and evaluations.
You will have practical experience of:
- An architectural notation framework for requirements definition and for systems design preferably TOGAF
- Delivering large scale, multi-project technical solutions throughout the entire development lifecycle from inception to operation.
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Working with highly technical staff and outsourced teams, working on multiple projects towards a common end goal throughout the development lifecycle.
- Additionally, you have experience of integration approaches and their application in a highly complex heterogeneous environment including SOA and API approaches; be comfortable with architectural implications of performance, scalability and extensibility on system design.
- You will be an open collaborator to facilitate joint understanding of the outcomes of technology change and eliciting clear statements of requirements; be able to work with ambiguity and being able to solicit key information from project team members; demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and take on board a significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time; and have consultative approach to work and able to give and receive constructive fact based criticism where necessary
- You will have excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills; excellent stakeholder management and customer focus; be conscientious, self-motivated and well organised, with a high level of personal integrity and a strong commercial acumen and awareness of business strategy and IT alignment.