Joining the IT Architecture team as a Solution Architect, your role will define end to end solutions across new and exciting change programmes.
My clienyt is the world's number one integrated tourism business. We are building a single customer facing team across our airline, contact centre, overseas and retail service teams that will deliver a consistent, contemporary service to every single customer. Joining us will not only provide opportunities for you to grow your career, but the benefits of being part of an exciting multi-cultural united team.
What you will be doing:
As a Solution Architect, working at the senior solution architect level your role will define solution architectures that provide technology solutions for business requirements and align to the organisations enterprise architecture. Your role will ensure that appropriate project/product technical options are considered and recommended approaches have appropriate cost and complexity to the problem set. You will ensure all project/product technical issues and risks are managed appropriately and resolved.
As a Solution Architect, you will also be the central point of contact on project architecture matters, liaising with all stakeholders, from business leads to technical infrastructure teams, data, integration, security, service introduction and solution designers, both locally and with Group teams.
In addition to providing the architectural solution you will work with the Solution Designers who will provide the detailed design and you will provide architecture oversight and change management during the project delivery. You will drive forward the solution delivery and any impact assessments, evaluations, product selections and POC's as required.
You will also be expected to provide input into the Enterprise team on roadmaps, strategy and technical recommendations and evaluations.
What we are looking for:
You will have practical experience of:
- Delivering large scale, multi-project technical solutions throughout the entire development lifecycle from inception to operation.
- Delivering solutions for travel and hospitality retail sector or similar environment.
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Architecting solutions for B2B and B2C eCommerce, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or Onmi-Channel Marketing technologies.
- Architecting solutions using the following technologies. Candidates with experience of one or more of these technologies are preferable.
- SAP Hybris, C4C
- Pega CRM
- IBM Unica, Silverpop
- Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) architectures and technologies (JDBC, JPA, JMS, EJBs, Servlets, Web services etc.)
- Web Content Management (WCM)
- Ecommerce Systems
- Content Distribution Networks (CDN)
- Digital Asset Management (DAM).
- Working with highly technical staff and outsourced teams, working on multiple projects towards a common end goal throughout the development lifecycle.
- Experience of defining solution architecture for an agile development organisation.
- An architectural notation framework for requirements definition and for systems design preferably TOGAF and UML.
- Application architecture for web and mobile technologies. You will have a come from an application development background in early career.
Additionally, you have experience of integration approaches and their application in complex heterogeneous environments including SOA and API approaches; be comfortable with architectural implications of performance, scalability and extensibility on solution architecture.
You will be an open collaborator to facilitate joint understanding of the outcomes of technology change and eliciting clear statements of requirements; be able to work with ambiguity and being able to solicit key information from project team members; demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and take on board a significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time; and have consultative approach to work and able to give and receive constructive fact based criticism where necessary
You will have excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills; excellent stakeholder management and customer focus; be conscientious, self-motivated and well organised, with a high level of personal integrity and a strong commercial acumen and awareness of business strategy and IT alignment.
Working within the group:
Help make our customers smile and in return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, pension scheme and some fantastic additional benefits including holiday, flight and foreign exchange discounts, a childcare voucher scheme and lots of additional discounts and offers.
for more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org