- Solution Architects are accountable for end-to-end infrastructure solutions. Operating as part of the Global Architecture team the role holder supports, enhances and promotes the delivery of Architecture across the organisation.
The role is expected to;
- Define solutions for infrastructure change.
- Create designs that are fit for purpose from a functional, non-functional, service, and security point of view.
- Comply with standards, design approaches and governance.
Key aspects of the role:
Solutions and Assurance:
- Create solutions and design for projects to meet standards for technology and ensure they meet our ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance.
- Produce design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions.
- Work with product owners, architects, development and infrastructure teams and other project colleagues to agree trade-offs between, long-term and short-term goals.
- Responsible for the integrity of the end-to-end technical solution, including transition states used to achieve the target state.
- Shape and estimate IT initiatives and feature team sprints, ensuring that component parts deliver against business outcomes.
- Technical Leadership:
- Ensure design artefacts are produced to support stakeholder group for service, security, architecture and engineering.
- Peer review the design artefacts of others.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to less experienced team members as required.
- Design Community Leadership:
- Contribute to the Solution Architecture community across the group leading on or participating in initiatives to improve design.
- Recommend design solutions or ideas in response to challenges faced by your project or feature team in line with policy, process and other guidelines.
- Accountable for recommending change based on expert know how and analysis.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Excellent design skills.
- Strong knowledge of end to end project lifecycle methodologies.
- Strong technical experience. This maybe broad experience with the ability to apply it across a variety of customer and business scenarios; or strong domain specialisms to maximise the benefit of technology in key areas e.g. Networks, Cloud & Hosting and End User Computing.
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions.
- Ability to balance long-term direction and necessary short-term goals.
- Good communication skills with the ability to provide technical guidance to peers and project colleagues.
- Strong personal impact and influence.
- Good stakeholder and relationship management.
- Leadership skills.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays.