General Position Summary:
Currently I am working with a Global FTSE 100 Retail enterprise that is undergoing a large IT Transformation affecting their CRM, ERP & IT Architecture.
They are currently seeking a lead domain architect that will be responsible for the commerce and customer architecture domain at group level.
The Solution Architect-Retail will be the Lead Architect for all projects related to retail and the principal architect for applications, systems, and integrations throughout the retail, direct to consumer landscape. The Solution Architect-Retail must be able to work collaborative with direct to consumer business and technical leadership, as well as enterprise architecture, to evaluate technology, roadmap solutions, and integrate solutions with the enterprise landscape.
The Solution Architect-Retail needs to partner well with a variety of different stakeholder groups, including management at different levels, business analysts, developers, and contract consultants. They must be able to lead very large, strategic or multiple medium projects with their priorities based on delivery date and quality.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating a strategic advantage by understanding Direct-to-Consumer business strategies, objectives and processes and connect these to sources of technology innovation. The role will partner in the development of the technology vision in the areas of In-Store, Merchandising and OmniChannel and evangelize it within the organization.
- Define and cultivate strategic technology partnerships with key vendors to include determining how to effectively leverage 3rd party solutions today and in the future
- Provide technical leadership in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities; ensure that technology choices and trade-offs anticipate future needs while efficiently satisfying short-term market requirements.
- Act as a driving force for constantly improving performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability and usability
- Collaborate with other architects, business analysts and other technical disciplines to implement solutions that are highly available, scalable and meet business SLA's and non-functional requirements.
- Develop a forward looking technology roadmap for solutions that aligns / supports the Global Direct-to-Consumer business strategy.
- Perform other duties related to solution architecture and design as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
- Develop and promote governance consistent with Enterprise-wide standards adoption
- Document, model, and communicate the characteristics of the IS landscape and how they align with the business goals
- Maintain models that reflect IS resources and their interactions. These would include assets, systems, processes, applications, and data production and consumption
- Recognize and create opportunities to reduce complexity and redundancy within the Enterprise technology landscape
- Increase scalability, security, predictability, flexibility, efficiency, and responsiveness in the use of IS resources to achieve the goals of the business
- Provide technology and architectural leadership, strategic direction and long-term vision for the technology landscape. Inspire creative solutions for maximizing the value contribution of that investment.
- Develop, communicate, and evangelize architectural artifacts such as policy, standards, guidelines, roadmaps, and maturity models.
- Provide insight on new technology and how it might improve CSC's current environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Multi-tasking and experience delivering large, business critical applications.
- Broad knowledge of the following technology problems in the retail space. Significant experience in at least one:
- Global Point of Sale / back-end platform evaluation and selection
- Global E-Commerce platform evaluation/selection
- Retail supply/replenishment planning platform evaluation/selection
- Geo-targeted promotions
- Direct to consumer multi-channel sales, inventory, distribution, returns processing
- Large data collection for integrated loss prevention, customer tracking/conversion, fraud management
- Retail Business Intelligence - predictive analytics, campaign analysis (not essential)
- Integration with ERP (SAP) and CRM (Salesforce.com - SFDC)
- PCI and secure retail experience and environment concerns
- 5+ years architecture experience (domain or enterprise)
- Familiarity with TOGAF or other Enterprise Architecture frameworks a plus
- Experience or deep exposure to "cloud" and mobile architectures and patterns
- Experience in global or multi-branded environments (especially apparel and/or footwear) highly desirable
If you are interested in this role, please send me an updated copy of your CV, alongside your salary expectations and the earliest start date.
You must be resident in the UK & Europe and fully able to work without a visa, as my client is unable to sponsor visas.
To discuss this or more exciting roles, contact us on +44 (0)20 7014 0231 or visit our website on www.montash.com.
MONTASH IS AN AWARD WINNING GLOBAL IT RECRUITMENT FIRM. FROM OUR HEAD QUARTERS IN LONDON, WE PARTNER WITH CLIENTS ACROSS EUROPE, ASIA, AFRICA, NORTH AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA.