Director of Public Cloud
I am currently working with a Global Enterprise that is investing heavily in their cloud capabilities. This will be one of the largest cloud transformations globally. As a result we are looking for a senior expert with extensive experience on public cloud operations.
- Own Public Cloud Operation, from vision and road map to detailed product requirements for a portfolio of public cloud services
- Drive product strategy and direction that aligns with expectations and creatively leverages engineering resources
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations to continuously deliver high quality features at a fast pace
- Collaborate intensively with other product teams and/or partners to deliver cohesive products and services
- Build DevOps capabilities
- Partner with sales and marketing to deliver high quality product collateral, and influence go-to-market, pricing, packaging and positioning
- Can succinctly articulate compelling vision for infrastructure cloud in the enterprise market
- Has a strong understanding of the infrastructure cloud technologies, and enterprise customer needs
- Has enough technical knowledge of distributed systems and cloud infrastructure services to effectively engage with engineering teams
- Has an entrepreneurial drive to lead highly talented engineering teams with clear and compelling communication, and can prioritize requirements well.
- In-depth knowledge and experiences with at least one industry-leading cloud technology, such as OpenStack, CloudStack, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Has a demonstrable ability to analyze and act against existing and rapidly changing markets
- Can advocate, articulate, and balance the needs of both technical and business stakeholders
- Posses strong business acumen in the context of Internet-based services
- Demonstrates strong writing skills. Demonstrated ability to explain technical material to both technical and business audiences. Experience writing tutorials, white papers, data sheets, and case studies.
- Previous experience (product management, development, operations) with large scale distributed systems, preferably cloud infrastructure services
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale cloud service (IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS)
- 5+ years of experience in the storage, virtualization or management software market
- 2-5 years managing product management teams
- Previous experience with managing multiple projects at the same time
- Previously played an active role in a successful agile environment
Bachelors Degree required. Masters or MBA preferred with a strong relevant experience