Solution Manager - Luton
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Professional individual with extensive experience in creating medium and long term strategies & roadmaps to be a key part of a Global IT Transformation.
You will be responsible for the configuration of the IT system; where clients can customize the product to order. This system is very outdated and one of the main challenges is improving user experience. You will be leasing with national and international key stakeholders & technical teams; and as such you must have extensive experience working in an international environment.
Experience proposing, reviewing, consolidating and analyzing data provided by organizational stakeholders that have primary responsibility for service-asset configuration management to ensure that the assets needed to deliver services are properly controlled, and that accurate and reliable information about those assets including details of how the assets have been configured and the relationships between them is available when and where it is needed; operational constraints include: policies, procedures and guidelines are defined according to the endpoints for maintaining accurate service configuration and relationships to the service delivery towers
* Responsible for performing configuration management activities as described above.
* Responsible for configuration identification beginning and ending with maintenance of the bespoke system. Works with the Project Managers to identify and document the configuration items and their location.
* Responsible for configuration change control. Supports the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software.
* Responsible for configuration audits. Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met by the as-built software. Supports the software quality assurance process audits.
* Works with stakeholders, business analysts, developers, and customers to clarify deliverable requirements and acceptance criteria.
* Identifies areas of highest risk to inform resource allocation, prioritization, and target areas for applications releases.
* Analyzes audit results to ensure release requirements and recommends corrective action.
* Works with Project Managers and Leads to create release schedules.
* Monitors release schedules to keep commitments, identifies risks and opportunities, and tracks effort estimates and actuals.
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Engineering, or a computer-related field preferred
- 8+ years of IT management experience
- 3+ years of configuration management experience (experience in Automotive, Aero, Oil & Gas industries would be beneficial)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Exposure to Oracle WebLogic, Java, Websphere; or a heavily configured system is a must
If you are interested in this role, please send me an updated copy of your CV, alongside your salary expectations and the earliest start date.
You must be resident in Germany & Europe and fully able to work without a visa, as my client is unable to sponsor visas.
To discuss this or more exciting roles, contact us on +44 (0)20 7014 0231 or visit our website on www.montash.com.
MONTASH IS AN AWARD WINNING GLOBAL IT RECRUITMENT FIRM. FROM OUR HEAD QUARTERS IN LONDON, WE PARTNER WITH CLIENTS ACROSS EUROPE, ASIA, AFRICA, NORTH AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA.