Montash have been engaged by a Global FTSE 3 Company who have recently (in the last 8 months) acquired an American Company. The legacy shareholders of this company have recieved company shares which are being represented by ADR's on the New York Stock Exchange. Due to this, the client is now subject to US Security laws including the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 (SOx)
They are there running a project to implement policies, procedures and the governance structures which ensures they are SOX Compliant. The majority of the project will be focused on the implementation of Section 404 which includes the development of capability to perform and test SOx controls, as well as identifing and remediating control gaps, governance structure and reporting processes.
Within this SOx project, the IT Workstream has a Risk and Control Matrix defining standard controls required to mitigate the IT related risks that may cause mis-statement of financial accounts. Each control has a defined owner who this candidate will be assisting.
- Assist Control Owners with tasks as required in order to go live on time, as the SOx project is time-boxed and critical
- Hands-on assistance with remediation activities associated with the infrastructure are of the SOx project, including third party operated controls.
- Update process documentation
- Deliver communication briefings to stakeholders globally
- Assist with the Operating Effectiveness testing by attending calls as control owner and guiding control operators in both process and evidence capture
- Getting datasets ready for implementation
- Testing of changes in the infrastructure controls space
- Analyse & assess the suitability of local/mitigating controls and plan for bringing them in line with global controls
- Previous experience in managing extensive outsourced services in a 3rd party owned data centre
- Knowledge of SOx certification and compliance processes for outsourced data centre services, including managing evidence via ISAE3402 report and contractual reporting
- Microsoft, Cloud technologies
- Experience working in highly outsourced, large, multi-national companies
- Hand on, pro-active approach
- Motivated by challenging deadlines and high-pressure projects