Montash have been engaged by a Global FTSE 3 Company who have recently (in the last 8 months) acquired an American Company. The legacy shareholders of this company have recieved company shares which are being represented by ADR's on the New York Stock Exchange. Due to this, the client is now subject to US Security laws including the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 (SOx)
They are there running a project to implement policies, procedures and the governance structures which ensures they are SOX Compliant. The majority of the project will be focused on the implementation of Section 404 which includes the development of capability to perform and test SOx controls, as well as identifing and remediating control gaps, governance structure and reporting processes.
Within this SOx project, the IT Workstream has a Risk and Control Matrix defining standard controls required to mitigate the IT related risks that may cause mis-statement of financial accounts. Each control has a defined owner who this candidate will be assisting.
- AssistControl Owners with tasks as required in order to go live on time, as the SOx project is time-boxed and critical
- Hands-on assistance with remediation activities associated with the IT Application and Infrastructure Change area of the IT SOx project, including the implementation of enabling technology
- Update process documentation
- Deliver communication briefings to stakeholders globally
- Assist with the Operating Effectiveness testing by attending calls as control owner and guiding control operators in both process and evidence capture
- Getting datasets ready for implementation
- Testing of changes in the manage IT infrastructure and application change space
- Analyse & assess the suitability of local/mitigating controls and plan for bringing them in line with global controls
- Deep experience in IT Change Management (Applications and Infrastructure)
- Experience implementing SOx compliance projects
- Experience working in large, multi-national companies
- Hand on, pro-active approach
- Motivated by challenging deadlines and high-pressure projects