My client a global Investment management company are currently looking for a SQL DBA to join their established team. Below is an overview of the position - financial services experience will be beneficial for your application.
- To manage and administer the business application databases used throughout the Office in line with agreed procedures and controls.
- To provide support in the implementation and maintenance of agreed standards and procedures for the database technology in line with the requirements of the Office.
- To manage and apply changes to the technology architecture in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- To monitor the efficiency and integrity of the application services to the business.
- To proactively research and make recommendations for improvements to the technology architecture and processes.
- To optimise the performance distribution, storage and maintenance of data.
- To provide out of hours competency support as required by the Office.
- Maintain appropriate technical competence in approved methodologies, technologies and procedures and take ownership of continued professional and personal development.
- Microsoft professional accreditation shall be an advantage - particularly in the case of MCSE, MCSD/MCDBA.
- The job holder will have 3-5 years' experience in administration of production systems including: development / change processes, version control, housekeeping, capacity planning and tuning, and data maintenance
- A minimum of 3 years' experience of relational database design or management
- A minimum of 3 years' experience of using and supporting MS SQL Server with 3 years experience of application development
- Experience of structured problem solving and debugging techniques.
- Strong technical aptitude and good inter-personal skills with experience of financial applications including Preview, Bloomberg, Reuters, and other information services.
- Knowledge of investment management and Treasury business practises including SWIFT.
- Drive - The drive and determination to set, meet and improve upon the highest standards of performance
- Taking Initiative - Identify what needs doing and taking action to get it done
- Being Brave - Having the courage of your convictions and handling challenges, conflicts and difficult decisions with confidence
- Commitment - Belief in your role and it's value to the organisation
- Integrity - Ability to maintain job related, social organisational and ethical norms
- Managing Performance - The drive and determination to set, meet and enhance personal performance
- Teamwork - Working co-operatively and collaboratively with others to achieve business goals
- Professional Knowledge & Judgement - Has extensive knowledge of their area of expertise or department; understands how this fits in with the business and uses this to provide a superior service.
- Adaptability - Ability to maintain effectiveness in changing environments, tasks responsibilities or people.
Analysis - Effectiveness in identifying problems, securing relevant information, relating data from different sources and identifying possible causes of problems.
- A standard of education with specific experience of relational database design and management.
- MCDBA/MCITP beneficial.
If you are interested in the above, please apply now.