Montash have been engaged by a leading FSTE 100 firm to secure a talented SQL Server DBA within their Database Team.
The work will be supporting and delivering new and existing database services to the business, in accordance with business and IT Strategy. You will be responsible for the technical delivery of database service as defined and measured by the service catalogue.
You will provide monitoring, optimisation, tuning, capacity planning, testing and maintenance of designated services and provide and maintain IT disaster recovery plans and services in accordance with current business and IT policies and standards.
To be successful in this role the SQL Server DBA will have experience of administering and troubleshooting highly transactional SQL Server environments including SQL Server 2005, 2008R2 and 2012 including:
- Building highly available and resilient SQL Server solutions
- Knowledge and preferably experience of SQL Server 2012 Always on technology including Availability Groups and Windows Multi-subnet clustering
- Business Intelligence (BI) platforms including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Database Modelling
- Database Consolidation
- Source control and release/configuration management tools.
- Monitoring tools and/or transaction monitoring including SCOM
- A good understanding of security best practices including PCI regulations
- Programming / scripting languages including Powershell
- Working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to translate to and from technology language and business language
- Excellent problem solver
- Excellent vendor management and supplier relationship skills
- Good familiarity with the ITIL framework
- Ability to work cross functionally to meet local and corporate goals.
Please send your CV to Chloe Winterhalter at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration