Montash have been engaged by a Global Company based in Portsmouth to source a Systems Engineer to work on a large programme of work where they will be modernising its systems and services.
They will be embarking on a multi year programme of work including an IAAS platform.
This will include a new Nationwide Secure Network connecting their operations centres, Data centres and remote radar outstations
You will also be working on a new flexible data centre infrastructure to provide computing services to host future applications.
You will also work on a new common multi use operations workstation supporting a secure local network
This Systems Engineer will work on the client's growing service design and implementation team.
You will be responsible for the following:
-Fulfilling the System Engineering Lifecycle and one or more of the infrastructure elements through from deployment into service.
-You will be response for taking service requirements and decomposing to system components to design and build components of the infrastructure, networking, security and technical assurance.
-You will also be responsible for ensuring that the associated Service Operations Capabilities are in place
Desired Skills / Experience
- Experience in conducting System Engineering activity at all stages of the lifecycle, awareness of principles of ISO15288 System Engineering standard and industry standard lifecycle activity.
- Experience in service design and service assurance of IT Infrastructure, with particular knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Working knowledge of converged infrastructure and network architectures, in particular Cisco USC and Nexus product families.
- Understanding of security considerations and ISO:27001
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM
- Ability to learn new tools/techniques quickly and apply to the activity.
- Strong leadership and self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
system engineer / scrum / iso27001 / iso15288 / infrastructure / security / cisco usc / nexus / agile
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams