Platform Architect / Solutions architect / Software Architect / Technical Architect / Digital architect / Big Data Architect
Playing a key part in the Platform Hub, the Platform Architect will rationalise, identify & exploit existing and new technologies and develop the Platform Architecture Blueprints, Strategy and Roadmap in line with the wider Digital Customer Platforms Strategies.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud based solutions to leapfrog capabilities in the Analytics, Reporting and Personalised Marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will act as the technical design and architecture authority for the area and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases, assuring the solution adheres to the planned architecture and all functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied. You will also continuously look for opportunities to simplify and rationalise the platform technology stack.
You will in collaboration with business and technical delivery leads analyse functional and non-functional business and technical requirements and be responsible for translating it into architectural blueprints that outline solutions to achieve business objectives. Within the role you will assess the long-term benefits and impact of proposals and perform solution options analysis and technology selections as well as technical impact analysis.
- Experience of End to end Big Data oriented projects - inception to go-live
- Proven experience as Senior Solution Architect for large scale Analytics, Insight, Decisioning and Reporting solutions, based on Big Data technology
- In depth knowledge of Hadoop technology ecosystem - HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hbase, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, SPARK, Avro, Parquet
- In depth knowledge of AWS Big Data / Analytics services - S3, EMR, Glue, Redshift, QuickSight, Kinesis
- Solid knowledge in cloud infrastructure sizing and capacity planning
- Experience in architectures for converged analytics and operational Big Data platform solutions
- Understanding of CRM and Customer 360 concepts
- Beneficial with experience in Customer centric (CRM, Insight, Personalisation) projects
- In depth knowledge and experience in IaaS/PaaS solutions (e.g. AWS Infrastructure hosting and managed services)
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership to a group of solution designers, engineers and developers
- Effectively interact with product managers and other organisational units such as Testing and Operations.
If you are interested in the above, please apply.