This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Infrastructure Architect to join a leading FTSE 100 Organisation to serve as a technical leader for projects in developing and maintaining data centre infrastructure architecture approaches and strategies.
- This individual will provide infrastructure architecture services into project delivery streams across the technology transformation programme.
- This person will work with in house and third party design teams and act as a contact point for all technical architecture across the portfolio.
- There is an emphasis on leadership of data centre infrastructure architecture which will integrate into the wider architectural governance approaches and solution delivery lifecycle processes.
- Within this role you will have the responsibility of designing infrastructure solutions with the overview to maintain design goals and ensure their achievement.
- Manage any risks and technical issues within projects or programmes.
- Provide prototype designs for initiatives and support any initiatives with the relevant technical solutions.
- This person will be responsible for creating, managing and governing the use of data centre service building blocks.
- This person will support Solution Architects with designs using data centre service building blocks within centralised data centres and Cloud or 3rd party hosted data centres.
- This person will be responsible for coming to agreements with implementing level designs from suppliers and ensuring design goals are met of data centre service elements.
- This person will input into the technical direction for data centre services in the emergence of new technologies.
- This person will advise and consultant the company on IT capabilities and engage directly with Programme and Product delivery managers and provide the frameworks in which the solutions should be delivered.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Solid architecture experience with a wide range of technologies and architectural approaches with a specialisation in low level infrastructure design and an ability to deliver detailed technical architecture.
- An understanding of Java, Oracle, Solaris, Linux and Windows.
- Experience of applying infrastructure strategies.
- Experience of working with in house and third party technical design teams.
- Experience of full life cycle design and infrastructure and performance tuning.
This role will offer a fantastic package for the right individual, if this is something of interest, please email me on email@example.com or call 0207 014 0230 for a discrete conversation to discuss this position further.