Montash have been engaged by a leading Media Client to source a Tech lead to have overall responsibility for the day-to-day technical production of all their new Digital OTT products across Europe.
The tech lead will have responsibility for planning, organising, resourcing and managing a distributed team of developers and testers across product, platform, front end applications and web.
- Ensure that software development is under control and on track
- Create a release plan from development, test, trial to live release enabling the client to release applications at a high frequency.
- Track all resources, build and maintain a capacity plant to assist the PM teams
- Select and maintain development tools for source control, code analysis, build processes and test
- Giving guidance to the test teams in the selection of the most appopriate test strategy for each supported platform
- Monitor delivery team performance and executing improvement plans if needed
- Keeping track of the creation and burn down rate of defects, actioning if needed
- Manage the continuous improvement of development and test processes by introducing new technologies and changes to existing processes
- Document all development and test processes which must also include guides for on boarding of new team members
- Working with key stakeholders to deliver a high- quality technical product on time and to budget.
- Whilst the responsibility of project schedule lies with delivery teams and PM's, it is the Tech Lead's responsibility to ensure that the schedule of the project/s are assigned and if there are potential changes, risks or impacts that these are communicated in a timely manner.
- Effectively track the project and at any time be prepared to report on project/s status to senior management, and ensuring proactive, timely reporting if not on target.
- Working with any external partners to ensure timely delivery of assets / source code, and that the quality expectations are being met at all times with relevant steer being given as appropriate.
- Exceptional leadership in project management, evangeliser, and enforcer of the standards and guidelines of our Development Process. A proven motivator and team leader, with the ability to drive teams forward while maintaining strong morale, focus and efficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills. An eye for detail and proven organisational skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment. To track overall budget and spending to ensure control of development costs.
- Able to balance technical solutions
- Extensive, practical project management experience, managing budgets and spending with experience of controlling development costs, whilst ensuring quality is achieved and deadlines hit.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) with different goals, objectives and aspirations.
- Excellent technical awareness and skills, including working knowledge of Backend: PHP Frameworks, Zend, Cake. GitHub