My client a global E-commerce company are currently looking for a Head of engineering to join their established team.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud based solutions to leapfrog my clients capabilities in the Analytics, Reporting and Personalised Marketing.
As a Senior Technical Programme Manager you will join a busy team which is responsible for the delivery of solutions across the Big Data, Analytics and Marketing Platforms. You will project manage a portfolio of projects from inception through the entire delivery life cycle. You will drive the activities of the development teams and manage the dependencies from other parties (e.g. source market PM's, other technical teams etc) to deliver projects against agreed target dates. Your role will involve extensive coordination and communication with a wide array of stakeholders.
Within this role you will bring to bear your experience of working within a software development environment in previous roles.
You will engage with all levels of stakeholder up to CxO level and will be expected to manage projects with multi-million pound budgets
You will be expected to bring best practice governance techniques and controls to the projects you manage.
You will also form part of the overall technical management team and work closely with the Group Director of Digital Platforms Delivery to help shape project deliveries and priorities.
- Proven track record of managing successful development projects combining agile and waterfall approaches is essential
- Ability to manage the challenges and priorities of a portfolio of projects concurrently is essential
- Experience of some or all of the following technologies would be beneficial
- Big Data (including Hadoop/Hive/AWS-EMR)
- Marketing - IBM Marketing Cloud/IBM Campaign
- Analytics - Alteryx (or other analytics tools)/Tableau (or other visualisation tools)
- Cloud based solutions - AWS
- A self-starter who is comfortable at taking the lead to set up projects and hit the ground running with newly assembled teams
- Experience of having managed a project under a fixed price commercial contract would be highly advantageous.
- A demonstrable organised approach and methodical way of working is essential
- Proven ability to understand customer's needs
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Confident demeanour which instils confidence in your peers and other team members
If you are interested in the above, please apply now