Technical Services Manager / IT Manager / Infrastructure manager / Head of IT / Service Delivery Manager
My client a global e-commence organisation are looking for a senior IT leader to be the forefront of their technical team.
Working with the rest of the Digital Platforms Team, the Applications and Infrastructure Manager role is critical in ensuring the successful delivery of service to customers.
Provide technical leadership of application and infrastructure services. Oversee and ensure the timely and effective provision of high quality applications and infrastructure support, and consultancy to other IT teams and third party providers. Manage a team of application support analysts, security leads and DevOps resources. Build, document and maintain extensive operational and architectural knowledge of all Digital Platforms technology landscape and their interfaces. Ensure documentation is kept up-to-date and accurate.
Works closely with third party suppliers to resolve day-to-day application and operational issues. Ensure the resolution of incidents in a timely manner, ensuring these are resolved and any consequential fixes or changes are delivered within time and quality constraint. Monitor the operational performance and technology trends. Carry out technical problem trend analysis and implement improvements to reduce costs and increase stability and quality. Work closely with the Project Delivery teams, accepting new projects or changing into production.
A strong background in SaaS, servers, storage, network and cloud technologies.
* A balanced mix of business / commercial experience with excellent and deep service delivery capabilities and deep understanding of technology. Ideal candidates will have held successful senior roles in large scale, international service delivery environments.
* A self-starter, high initiative, innovative, creative thinker who pushes the envelope but can also work within a framework. The successful individual will be someone who is highly driven and passionate about going beyond the centre of the bell curve.
* A person able to work at high levels of abstraction and also get into details where needed and take a hands on, pragmatic approach to challenges.
* A highly analytical thinker, able to understand challenges quickly and work with their teams to derive and implement creative, forward thinking solutions that utilize technology, process and the team's talent's to best affect.
* Strong delivery focus: the successful candidate will be someone who derives their sense of success from bringing major services to production and successful, scaled operation.
* Strong stakeholder management skills including experience and ability to manage stakeholders spanning executive board members of very large corporations through to user stakeholders from the wider range of communities adopting digital business change.
* Excellent communication skills are critical, including the ability to motivate, persuade and influence as well as drive mandated policy at a senior and exec management level.
* Accountable for the delivery of clear and accurate communication to senior management and the business community during all high priority Incidents in line with documented reporting processes
* The successful candidate will be a commercially aware, experienced leader, capable of working across an international business and providing leadership and direction to stakeholders and teams.
Drive, resilience and energy as well as the ability to take ownership of decisions under pressure and adapt quickly to changes in priority are all critical to success.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits.
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply.