Role: Unix Systems Support / Junior DevOps
Based: home or London
Salary: £40-45K + bens
Skills: Red Hat, CentOs, Ubuntu, AWS, Bash, Python, Groovy, Scripting,
Our client are international and therefore this role has the option to work from home or the London office.
The best highlight of this role is that you will be able to learn from a senior DevOps Engineer and grow your career, so if you are enthusiastic, articulate and communicate really well apply NOW and read on!!!
- Respond to customer queries that arrive during the working day.
Resolving where possible, handing over to a member of DevOps where not possible.
- Perform daily checks on our systems.
Reporting and resolving issues where possible, assigning larger issues to a member of DevOps.
- On-Call coverage based on a pre-planned rota.
One week blocks on rotation with the rest of the team (would currently be 1 in 4).
Responding to customer emails and phone calls, resolving critical system issues, performing unavoidable out of hours tasks.
- Personal and Role Development;
- Drive your own development to maintain your understanding of current technical solutions and techniques relevant to your role.
- Work with DevOps colleagues to improve and automate tasks that you find laborious in your role.
- Perform Planned/Regular task executions.
Pre-defined and planned tasks that require manual execution at specific times/frequencies.
- The ability to learn quickly in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and think of solutions that are not immediately obvious.
- A strong understanding of the Linux command line.
- An understanding of at least one language scripting (Bash / Python / groovy / etc.).
- An understanding of Ticket handling and Processes (Freshdesk.com).
- An understanding of Jenkins.
- An understanding of Docker.
- An understanding of Atlassian's Confluence and JIRA.
- An understanding of git.