UX / Frontend Developer
I am working with one of the most recognized companies in the world! We are seeking a career driven professional to join the team.
Their Frontend development team sits at the nexus of their design, product, and engineering teams, ensuring that their site looks awesome, and has equally awesome code.
They are constantly looking to expand their team and take on new and exciting challenges. If you care about good code, good design, and an outstanding user experience, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a UX Developer to help design and implement interfaces for our next generation product fulfilment platform. The position is responsible for conceptualizing, communicating, designing and developing the front-end interface, as well as the resulting quality of user interactions, interface design and overall UX. Candidate should demonstrate a high quality portfolio of recent work, an interest in collaborating with diverse teams, and an insatiable passion for the user experience.
- Consults with engineering team, business partners and project teams to understand business and design goals. Incorporates industry best practices and usability research to deliver strong interactive designs for highly complex software interfaces. Collaborates with engineering and business partners to define long term strategic plans related to the overall user experience (UX) of products, processes and systems.
- Analyses user-centred information with support from UX specialists. Creates design artefacts including sketches, scenarios, sitemaps, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes that illustrate software user experience for web applications.
- Presents design recommendations to team, business partners and executives through presentations, prototypes or other test interfaces. Raises product, design, usability and accessibility issues across an entire customer portfolio and effectively contributes to mitigating activities.
- Six years of experience in human-computer interaction, interaction design, visual design, computer science, computer engineering or related field designing for advanced web-based applications or platform-level tools.
- Online portfolio demonstrating a strong visual and interaction design proficiency, as well as a superior understanding of current front-end coding practices.
- Extensive experience in Agile/Scrum Development; TDD & Continuous integration is a plus.
- Experience with dynamic, template-driven applications
- Ideally experience with CSS Architecture (OOCSS or SMACCS) and CSS Pre-processors like SASS or LESS
- Strong ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user behaviour, industry patterns and prior experience.
- Strong understanding of user-centred design principles, usability, accessibility and other standard best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically and innovatively to solve design problems.
- Excellent initiative, planning, and organization skills.
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 + 10% bonus & benefits