VP of Engineering
Large Digital Agency seeking a talented and visionary VP of Engineering to act as conduit to the whole strategy process outlined by the C-Level and the incumbent technology offering.
Like any senior hire, it is important that the individual has a solid blend of strategic delivery and hands-on (technical) know-how. The position requires a real drive towards Agile mindfulness and a very strong level of technical expertise preferably within a previous Digital Agency. The actual technology/discipline itself is not abundantly important, but ideally there would have been an organic growth from a 100% hands-on coder up to a more hands-off position but still very much in the trenches.
In the role, you will be tasked with being the "Digital Bridge" between a pre-determined IT strategy that can really drive the business forward and enhance their tech profile. You will have leadership responsibilities for the whole of the tech division, whilst working closely with all cross-functional teams to ensure the efficient delivery of all stakeholder requirements. Stakeholder management is also going to be key, so a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships will be a real deciding factor.
The role itself will be focused on working alongside the CTO in ensuring the implementation of a complete and substantial technology strategy and close monitoring of the full Software Development Life Cycle. The environment is already that of an incubator for thought-leadership and there is a real focus to become a renowned tech hub within the whole of the Digital Landscape through targeted delivery.
A well-focused genuine energy and the ability to inspire and motivate those around you, alongside an "in the trenches" attitude to management should be your preferred approach whilst maintaining a focused strategy with clear deliverables.
Current Tech Environment:
- Alongside the CTO, ensure that the current tech strategy is conducive to key programme deliverables.
- Be mindful of expenditure on the tech environment.
- Keeping the environment as Agile as possible, introducing new tooling where applicable and monitoring the speed and quality of delivery.
- Drive the profile of the "tech hub" and make a name in the industry.
- Recognise and rationalise opportunities in emerging technologies that help efficiency and improve the digital offering.
- Ensure that all members of the wider tech team are briefed on the tech strategy and how this may change the overall tech environment.
- Build rapport and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attract the best talent to drive forward the tech offering.
- Guide and mentor incumbent members of all cross-functional teams and take care to be conscious of having everyone working towards a common goal.
- Direct guidance across outlined areas in the proposed strategy i.e. SDLC, timelines, sprints etc.
The Ideal Profile:
- Experience with a variety of tech solutions with an in-depth knowledge of multiple development methodologies.
- Passionate about promoting a business through its technical offering to the wider community.
- Broad knowledge of the enterprise world and understanding of different stakeholder needs.
- Make educated decisions when there may be time constraints in place, real-world thinking on your feet.
- A proven track record of driving commercial success through the continued development of product architecture and infrastructure providing industry leading technology and business solutions.
- Not a one trick pony in regard to outlining strategy - must have an appreciation of business strategy as well as tech strategy.
- Prior experience developing a successful, enterprise multi-tenant SaaS or information services products.