- Support the development and maintenance of fully resourced project plans and work breakdown structures to monitor and track progress for the successful delivery of the SOM Projects.
- Develop work packages, progress / chase action items and risks, plan and schedule meetings and general project administration.
- Support the risk identification, management and reporting process for the SOM projects.
- Support the monthly reporting cycle by ensuring that the information needed is available.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Assist with the management of changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Support measurement of project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage detailed engineering project schedule and actively progress tasks.
- ***When submitting applicants please ensure answers to the following are provided*** - 1. Talk me through how you go about building a project schedule 2. What experience do you have using Microsoft Project and what are the limitations you have encountered 3. Have you linked multiple projects to ensure cross dependencies are effectively and efficiently managed (without the need to manually update links ongoing)
- Educated and qualified in a suitable discipline such as project management, business, computer science, engineering, aerospace, physics or mathematics.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Proven working experience planning in the information technology sector.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Project and in-depth understanding of principles of Activity Management.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential to the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, with experience leading planning activities within small teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple discipline teams.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills, and excellent attention to detail.